Ruins render tests
This a proof of concept test I did tonight for my passion project, RUIN. It’s created with Modo using a single object (which is very crudely textured) and duplicated with replicators. Atmosphere and sky was created in compositing with After Effects. The trick here was to keep the rotation of the single building to 90º increments. And of course to vary their position and height scale. With a bit or more work on texturing and using several objects and plant foliage, it seems I could achieve a pretty good result. Posting the assets and screen shots as well for anyone interested. Also, throwing in the stereoscopic test for anyone with Magenta/Green glasses.
EIDT: And to give credit where credit is due. I didn’t model any of the assets you see here. The building geometry is from a game model on Turbo Squid. The fern is one of Modo’s preset asset downloads. And the sky image is from cgtextures! I love bashing together images using readily available resources on the internet.